Sunday, July 4, 2010

Eastfork

Well, I have not found myself with much time to post these days.  Between doctor's visits with sick kids, going to the pool, the lake, on the boat, to Kings Island, parks, taking walks and riding bikes, I have found myself exhausted by the time the kids go to bed and I would normally have time to post.  Anyway, the latest... As it would go, the kids contracted fifths disease. Well, I had bloodwork done at my OB which (major suprise to him) I hadn't had it and was in the process of being exposed. I guess there is some way to tell that I have certain antibodies you only have during initial exposure. Anyway, it can be extremely harmful to the fetus. In fact, it can cause fetal death in a number of cases. They CAN do a transfusion through the umbilical cord if they need to. Hopefully it won't come to that. It is just one of the scenarios.  I could also get lucky and nothing could happen.  The baby could fight off the disease and we would have to do nothing besides watch to make sure he or she does not develop anemia. Story of my life, right? Please keep me in your prayers as I am a little bit freaked. And, of course, the worst time to get it is between 18-24 weeks. I am 23 weeks as of last week. Hopefully I won't be in the 20-25 percent of cases whose baby gets it and has problems. I have to go in for biweekly ultrasounds for the remainder of my pregnancy or until they feel that I am in the safety zone. Also, will have to have a boatload of bloodwork as well.  Good times.  He said, probably will have to have the scans and bloodwork until I am past 35 weeks. Please pray for me and the baby. I know everything will be ok. I am just a mess thinking about all the "what ifs." Hope you all had a nice, fun and relaxing 4th of July.  I will post pictures of the kids celebrating the holiday soon.  I also have pictures of McKenna's birthday.  If I post pictures with no writing to go aloing with it, please forgive me.  My bladder, my hernias and the stress of everything going on right now makes it a little difficult to get on here and take a lot of time to write as well as edit photos.  Have a great week!!  We are so excited that Aaron is off this week and have a week full of fun family activities.  I can't wait to share those photos to come.  We are going to go hiking, camping and take a few day trips.  Going to be great!!

 


No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mommy to three wonderful children. I love to be with them and watch them learn and grow. I am also a loving wife to the fantastically patient Aaron.

player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers