Friday, August 27, 2010

So long, summer salsa

Well, here are a few reasons why I am sad that summer is coming to an end. Our garden was extremely abundant this year. We had more tomatoes, peppers, brocolli and herbs than we could consume. We are very lucky that the kids love to eat fresh foods, but our neighbors were even luckier because we could not keep up with the garden. There are a few straggling tomatoes that are hanging in there. For the most part, though, it has become a weed infested mess. I am finally beginning to feel hot, tired, and irritably pregnant. Funny, since i am just about 32-33 weeks. I think I did pretty well considering it has been the hottest summer since I was pregnant with Trevor. I am still very active, though. Just starting to get a little miserable by late afternoons. This tiredness is not keeping me from riding about 3-5 miles a night on the bike with the kids, or walking with the family on most evenings. I think I will probably continue to run and weight train until the day I deliver this baby as well. I am just starting to feel more like I should at nearly 8 months pregnant, I suppose. I will post a new belly picture soon. I keep telling Aaron I want to get a couple of pictures one night when we go for our nightly family bikeride. I am sure I am a sight for sore eyes. Between pulling the trailer with 1-2 kids (depending on who is riding at the moment), the puppy running beside me on the leash, and my fat belly hanging out in front, I get a lot of funny looks. It won't be long before I am pulling the new baby in the trailer as well. Anyway, I am sad to see the summer come to a close because this has been a great summer to remember. I will miss the boys. They start back to school over the next few weeks and I am not sure what to do with my time with only one at home. Well, one at home until October that is...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mommy to three wonderful children. I love to be with them and watch them learn and grow. I am also a loving wife to the fantastically patient Aaron.

player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers