Monday, April 11, 2011

Corny as can be

So...many of you know that we are having a very hard time getting Baby Aspen to drink from a bottle. She is quite obsessed and really has no liking for food either. This is becoming a bit of a nuiscence (did I really just say that?). Me...the queen of breastfeeding...is annoyed that she only wants the boob? In all honesty, I could use a break. However, it is better than the alternative. She could only want a bottle and not want the milk from me. So, it is a crap shoot. I just wish I had the luxery of pawning her off on someone for a few hours so I can get a break. I guess when she decides she is ready (little control freak), she will do it. I hope this is not a sign of what is to come. I hope and pray it is not a sign of her impending obstanance. Speaking of such, she is reminding me so much of her big brother, Trevor. She is already crawling (before 6 months). I wonder if she will be an early walker too. Trevor walked at 8 months. I have a feeling Aspen will be following in his footsteps, literally. Things are going smoothly (relatively speaking) on the homefront as well. Caleb started his 6 food elimintation diet. It is not the easiest food to consume, but he is doing great. He is adjusting and is pretending to love all the new things he gets to try. Most of them show a slight resemblance to cardboard, however. But, he is really chosing to look at the bright side. He knows it will eventually make him feel better. So, he is giving it one good shot. Thanks for all those who are helping with recipe ideas, ingredient shopping, and cake making. It helps me more than you know.




Hope you enjoy the pictures of Aspen with her corn. As you can tell, it really doesn't matter that she won't eat solid food or drink milk from a bottle. She has enough fat stored up to keep her healthy for quite a while, don't you think? Nothing sweeter than a chunky baby. Well, maybe a chunky baby with a great personality. We are so blessed since she has both...among many, many other awesome character traits.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's a chunky monkey!

Jen Gillen said...

Can't wait to meet that lil cutie pie:)

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mommy to three wonderful children. I love to be with them and watch them learn and grow. I am also a loving wife to the fantastically patient Aaron.

player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers