Sunday, May 30, 2010

Well, I finally got to look at the pictures from Trevor's kindergarten graduation. Not only did I cry before,during and after the ceremony, I cried while looking at the pictures too. Not sure if it is pregnancy hormones or what, but I am so proud of Trevor. It is affecting me in mysterious ways. It seems as though the year has flown by. There are times when it felt like time stood still. Yet, it seems as though I blinked and he graduated to first grade. We all know Trevor is bright academically, but his behavior, emotional and social skills were in need of some work. We were truly blessed with a wonderful teacher this year. Ms. Van Eman was able to bring out the best in Trevor. That has not always been something easy to do. I am hugely grateful for all the hard work and patience she obviously has. I am positive that he would not have been as successful if placed in another classroom. He has worked so hard and will continue to work hard this summer. Because of his love for reading and learning, he will be a great help this summer when working with the little kids. We have already discussed a curriculum and he is the lead reading teacher. I am still amazed at his achievements in reading. He is very fluent and has started to read books on his own without assistance. He loves to go to his room and read silently. This is amazing to me, since most kindergartners/first graders will read out loud to sound out words. He is reading way beyond his years and enjoys reading to his siblings. We are so proud of Trevor and cannot wait to see his progress next year as well. I can't wait to teach and work with him this summer. I am going to have a difficult time next year when I won't see him for days on end (since he will be at school full-time). I LOVE teaching my kids and have mixed emotions about them going to school all day everyday. I know it is life, it is just difficult. Trevor has come so far. For those of you who know him, know his history of non-compliance, physical aggressiveness, and impatience. So, for those of you who know him, know how proud we are that he has developed into such a bright, wonderful, young boy.

P.S. You have to hit the play button on the montage...

2 comments:

Mrs. Trent said...

Dear Trevor (and family),

I just finished looking at your graduation photos and feel so lucky to have had such a wonderful and caring young boy in my classroom. Your caring and warm heart shows through your big smile in every picture. Thank you for a great year, caring about classmates and saying sorry when it was needed. I know that you will have great success in first grade. It was a joy to be your teacher and watch you grow academically and socially. I am thrilled that I will be able to continue to watch you grow during your years at Amelia Elementary. First grade will hold endless possibilities for you and I hope you will stop down to my room and share your learning and hopefully a hug. :) Have a wonderful summer and thanks so much for filling our classroom with love and laughter.

Love,
Miss Van Eman

Heather D said...

Awe. Thanks so much. It has been a great year. We were so lucky to have you as a teacher. I hope we can share similar experiences with you in the years to come. We all love you very much and wish you luck with those second graders next year. Any student you have in class will be lucky as you are an AWESOME teacher. Have a great summer and thanks for such a wonderful first year experience at Amelia Elementary.

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mommy to three wonderful children. I love to be with them and watch them learn and grow. I am also a loving wife to the fantastically patient Aaron.

player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers