Friday, December 17, 2010

The Joy of Baking

My sidekick and I have been baking this week.  I can't begin to tell you how much fun it was to bake cookies and Christmas treats with McKenna this year and I can only imagine the fun we three girls will have over the next several years in the kitchen together.  McKenna and I made homemade candies and cookies for Trevor and Caleb's teachers, bus drivers, etc. this week.  Intentions were to make plenty to give to neighbors, friends and others...but they weren't making it to the cooling racks before being gobbled up.  It was a WONDERFUL memory to spend several days getting our hands dirty in the kitchen.  McKenna's mini apron (well, it is actually Trevor's Home Depot smock) was adorable.  We had a great time measuring, counting, pouring, stirring, dancing, singing and baking.  As stressful as it became, at times, with Aspen screaming and the boys interrupting, I wouldn't have traded it for anything.  We also made our fair share of pastries dipped in chocolate and homemade breads and manicotti.  I told Aaron we might be eating some frozen TV dinners for a few days, though.  As much fun as we had, I am done baking for a while.  I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoyed making the memories.

The other pictures were taken during a coffee/cocoa party McKenna had with her Mimi.  Mimi stopped at McDonald's and bought McKenna her own special "coffee" for a girl-time coffee party.  Too cute...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mommy to three wonderful children. I love to be with them and watch them learn and grow. I am also a loving wife to the fantastically patient Aaron.

player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers