Friday, September 3, 2010

We Miss You

I was looking through unedited pictures this morning (in all my free time...) and came across this beauty. I guess I should say, these two beauties... We were so blessed to have a visit from our favorite Aunt Joyce this summer. We only wished she didn't live in Colorado so we could see her more often. The kids adore her about as much as I do. We had a great time going to church and going to Dewey's Pizza. We also had a blast sharing a wonderful picnic on our boat. The weather was perfect, and the company was as close to perfect as you can get. We miss Joyce immensely and hope to see her again soon.

On a side note, Trevor and I had the pleasure of going up for an open house at his new school. Aaron was able to make an appearance as well. The new school is gorgeous. I only wish I was able to teach at such a high tech, clean, air conditioned, huge, and resourceful school. I was amazed at the technology, the space and the organization of the building. You could feel the excitement and energy from the student and staff. I hope and pray the year goes smoothly and that Trevor embraces what has been given to him. Trust me...when I taught SED (I'm not sure what they label it now), but when I taught students with emotional and behavioral disorders, we had a building over 100 years old (I think) and textbooks from the 1970's. You know your textbooks are a little outdated when the cover includes little kids with suspenders, hiked up tube socks and afros the size of Texas on them. We had to use personal computers for classroom use, no Internet access or smartboards, etc. But, it didn't stop me from loving what I was doing...on most days... I would have to say, however, that I like my job now much, much more. I am so blessed to be able to be home with the kids. I am going to miss Trevor this year. I am having a hard time realizing that he will be gone all day every day. As much as he drives me crazy at times, I am going to miss the craziness. I am going to miss the little moments. I am going to miss those teachable moments with him. I know summer will be here again before I blink, but in the meantime, I am going to miss my little buddy.

Of course, I will probably be singing a different tune in October when baby #4 arrives. I will most likely need the break. However, this is the first time I will have a child/children capable of helping me. I have never had just a baby-baby. Because the kids are all 15 months apart, I have never had a kid that could help or remember the birth of their sibling. I have had 3 in diapers at one time. I have been potty training one, sleep training another and de-binkifying another...all at the same time. This should be a breeze, right? Haha. I am sure this one will have its' own set of rules and issues. But, at least this is the first time I will be able to enjoy having just one infant in the house. Well, just one infant, a five year old, a four year old and a three year old...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mommy to three wonderful children. I love to be with them and watch them learn and grow. I am also a loving wife to the fantastically patient Aaron.

player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers