Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Make it Monday...on Tuesday

Well, I figured I would put my recipe on for today since I had to post Easter pictures yesterday.  This dinner was special to me.  I have been craving fried oysters since I found out I was pregnant.  That is twelve LONG weeks.  I went to about five different grocery stores, looked on the internet to find the closest place that had them (not close, by the way), and I have been patiently waiting.  So, I walked into Kroger this week and lo and behold...there they were...raw oysters.  So, I fried them up in some peanut oil and they were so worth the wait. 

Recipe:
1/2 pound of raw oysters
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 egg

Dredge oysters in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs.  Next, place carefully in peanut oil that is heated to about 370 degrees.  Fry them up for 2-3 minutes on each side.

Soooooo yummy!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mommy to three wonderful children. I love to be with them and watch them learn and grow. I am also a loving wife to the fantastically patient Aaron.

player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers