Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ault

Here are the pictures from Ault Park. I have just gotten around to downloading them. It has been a crazy nightmare here. As you know, we are in the process of renovating our kitchen. We hired a friend of the family to do the work. Of course, as everyone knows, this is a bad idea. We tested this theory and found it to be 100% true. So, the guy we hired had another worker with him. As I was bathing the kids last night, the employee was finishing installing the new dishwasher (which was something we weren't expected to have to buy, but found it had a small leak in the motor which couldn't be repaired). I heard some commotion downstairs, but that is what you hear when your tearing down walls, laying flooring, etc. So, next thing I know, I go downstairs and the worker is bleeding profusely from his hand. Not only was he bleeding, but there was water gushing from the pipes under the sink. Apparently he hadn't shut off the water before cutting the line to the dishwasher. He sliced his finger trying to stop the boiling hot water from spraying all around my new kitchen floor. Since nobody was around to help him, he let it go and ran around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to find someone to shut off the water. At this point, we have spraying bloody water filling up the kitchen floor. It was then that I realised that there was a true crisis going on. I got the worker band aids and neosporin and went upstairs to the now tackling and screaming kids. I overheard the worker telling everyone to wash their hands immediately. I then realized the tru crisis. This guy has Hepatitis C. So, I had to break out the bleach...pronto. We spent the better half of the next three hours bleaching every surface of the first floor and the basement. The new flooring has since buckled up in spots, we have bubbling base cabinets, and now have water damage to the front room of the house too. Did I mention that the "worker" wiped his silicone glazed hands on my new granite, making his hand print irreversible and very much noticeable if you are looking at it? And did I mention he had freaking Hepatitis C? I am still in shock and there are a few more things that went wrong with this remodeling project, but don't have the energy to put it into words. I think I am more at a loss for words, really. Honestly, I know that there is so much more to life than water damage (oh yeah...it also seeped down into the ceiling of the basement that we just finished last year)...OK. Let me start over. There is so much more to life than worrying about this crap. It is who you share it with and how you spend your time. So, I am done griping and I am ready to smile and move on. Life is too short to be mad about everything. And you live and learn, right? NEVER AGAIN will I hire a friend of a friend to do work. I would rather spend the money and save the heartache.

By the way, Caleb is soooooo much better. Back to being a bratty, but adorable three year old.
















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh--these are gorgeous--and your writing is heartfelt...Love you much,and sorry about the bad stuff--but you have so much good stuff!
Love you,
Kilesse

Heather D said...

Thanks! I love the one of the kids holding hands, the boys with their backs together and the ones of Caleb. Thanks for the compliment.

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mommy to three wonderful children. I love to be with them and watch them learn and grow. I am also a loving wife to the fantastically patient Aaron.

player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers