Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sick Sick Sick

For those of you who don't know, things have been extremely insane here. Not only does Trevor have pneumonia in his lungs, but we also had a close call with the H1N1, otherwise known as Swine Flu. We spent the better half of yesterday at the doctors office and at Mercy, getting lab tests done to find out if he had the virus. It started on Saturday. He started with an awful cough, wheezing, vomiting and a fever of 103-104. This continued until this morning. It has been one of the scariest things I have dealt with when it comes to my kids' health. Of course, Caleb's three day stay, and continued visits to Children's Hospital a few years ago for pneumonia top the charts too. Anyway, he seems to be feeling somewhat better. He has been fever free for over eight hours. He is still wheezing, coughing, etc. But he seems to be making a recovery. Now, he is a wild banshee since he is on steroids, albuterol and antibiotics. Double stimulant medication is not a pleasant combination for Trevor who already has behavior difficulties and signs of some hyper activeness. Oh what fun my next several days will become. I am not complaining, though. I am so blessed and so overwhelmingly excited that he doesn't have the terrible swine flu. And more so, that Caleb wasn't exposed. His little immune system doesn't fair well with those types of illnesses.


These pictures were taken a few weeks ago at The Home Depot. They have a FREE program where they can work with Mr. Charlie (staff worker) to build crafts and household items on the first Saturday of every month. The kids love it...and I need a drink before I go...lol What a gerat experience for the kids, but not so much for a mom who can't read directions, let alone follow them. Trying to get three small children to follow step by step directions and to use tools is no easy feat. Totally worth it, though as they are having a wonderful time and getting to know a most exquisite Mr. Charlie...

The excitement is building up before we step foot in the door






The Infamous Mr. Charlie




Gotta love the smile on Trevor's face







Look what I made







McKenna not really wanting to participate in our Saturday shop class



First to be finished



Diligently working



Mr. Charlie man-handling Caleb (LOL)


Marking our way out the door

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these pics. Wish I could have been there. I'll be able to go to the next one.

Love you,
hubby

Heather D said...

us too. love you.

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mommy to three wonderful children. I love to be with them and watch them learn and grow. I am also a loving wife to the fantastically patient Aaron.

player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers