Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Sorry it has been so long since I last posted. We have had a very busy couple of days. It has also been a rough couple of days. We got terrible news regarding a friend of my mothers, and also not-so good news about my Aunt. Not really feeling like writing about it at the moment, just feeling like hugging and holding on to those who I love the most. I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful gifts in life. My health, my friends, my family, my life. I have no complaints. I only wish I realized this when I was younger.

For those of you who talk to me on a regular basis, you know that the kids and I attempted to make pinatas for Cinco de Mayo. Well, it was a great project and the kids had a great time. Trevor did not quite understand why we had to pop the balloon and beat up his artwork. He whined and cried for about 45 minutes. I had to convince him by watching you tube clips of kids whacking pinatas (and let me tell you, there are some scary Mexican pinata clips on the internet). Finally, he was able to let go and have a little fun. Once he realized he would get the candy "right now" he was all game. Hope you enjoy the pictures more than we enjoyed the 45 minutes before knocking into the pinata.Oh yeah...and, by the way...we make ghettified mexican pinatas, duct tape and all. Whatever works, right? It is the act of working on it together more than the outcome.


I love this one. This is a picture of the kids with their friends (Natalie, Trevor, Caleb, Benjamin, Tyler, McKenna and Tommy in front). How cute is this one?

Aaron helping to make patio stones.

McKenna (per Caleb..."I made her pretty")

Two going on twelve

Rocking her babies (my Grammy and Mom used to make "babies" out of hankerchiefs during church or anywhere I had to be quiet). McKenna has learned to quite love this.

And here are the pinata pictures...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love--love--love your comments...also the great pcture of all the kids!
Mimi

Heather D said...

I love MJ trying to whack the pinata with the blindfold. She was a riot to watch.

Anonymous said...

I just need to know--is Aaron's handprint in my stepping stone???
(Today's word is "raggienne"

Anonymous said...

sorry mimi, no hand print... just my sweat and tears!!!

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mommy to three wonderful children. I love to be with them and watch them learn and grow. I am also a loving wife to the fantastically patient Aaron.

player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers