Monday, September 22, 2008

Bye Bye Daddy


Well, Aaron got to come home for 20 minutes to take a shower today. He slept at work after working over 50 hours the past 2 workdays. At least the kids got to see him. They were extremely disappointed when he left, but are beginning to understand that the people without power need him. We spent most of the day playing outside. Caleb went with Mimi to the doctor to get his pathology reports. Good news there. Everything is wonderful. Nothing cancerous. The trip was a success...unless you consider two changes from pee accidents and one from another. So Caleb spent the morning soiling his pants. Oh well. Could have been worse. We could have forgot to pack extras. Trevor had a great day at preschool and is working on things that begin with the letter c. We are going to make cupcakes for his birthday this week. He is going to take them into school to share. He is so grown up. McKenna is really starting to try to talk. She is really enjoying the sign language. She picked up 3 more signs today. Yes, no and potty. She is reluctant to speak them, but at least she is trying the signs. The talking will come soon enough.


And Caleb decided he wanted to dress himself for going outside to ride bikes. Mind you , he was naked otherwise. (No, Aaron, I did not let him go outside like this) I convinced him that our neighbor, David, would think he is a girl. David is the not so nicely behaved six year old from next door. The kids really look up to him and I am really looking into having a privacy fence in the near future.

We are getting a little lonely this week. I have a ton of doctor appointments so at least I can have adult conversations with the professionals I will be coming in contact with. I am supposed to have a few drinks with a girlfriend on Friday. Very much looking forward to that. Also starting my church group next week. That should help too. Although, we are hoping Aaron will be around to see everyone soon. Grass needs cut and it is kind of hard to do with the three babies in tow. At least Uncle Mike and Pepere got our fence in working order. I may have mentioned before that the kids escaped the first day after the storm when I ran inside for a brief second. I came outside and all three of them were walking down the bike path like three ducks in a row. A few months from now, none of this will matter and life should be back to normal. Whatever that is...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mommy to three wonderful children. I love to be with them and watch them learn and grow. I am also a loving wife to the fantastically patient Aaron.

player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers