Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Doughy Day, Part Deux

The kids are thoroughly enjoying the snowfall. We have spent the better half of the last two days outside. We woke up, had oatmeal, put on our snowsuits, hats, gloves, boots,jackets and went outside to play. We attempted to build a snowman, but it was more of a 30 minute lesson on how to make a snowball. Well, actually, more of a 30 minute whine-fest due to the misunderstanding that not all snow makes for good snowballs. Next, we had a snowball fight. More of a sprinkling of snowball dust, really. You know me, I am not going to encourage the throwing of anything at anyone since it will create mass chaos. We made a few snow angels, forwards and backwards. Then we came in, spent another 30 minutes taking off our snowsuits, hats, gloves, boots and jackets. We put them in the dryer and made hot chocolate (for those of us who drink things besides water, Trevor). We had warm biscuits with jelly for a snack and thawed out. We had lunch and took a rest. Then, we got up, put on our snowsuits, hats, gloves, boots and jackets and went outside to sledride. The kids were very excited since Aaron came with us. I have never seen Trevor so excited about anything. He loved it. McKenna too. Caleb, not so much. He whined and cried almost the whole time. Then we came home and took off our snowsuits, hats, gloves, boots and jackets and put them in the wash. We had more hot chocolate and settled in for the evening. The kids had a wonderful time. I did too. It was fun to be a kid again and sled. It was not so much fun hiking up the hill with McKenna on one hip, screaming Caleb on the other, while trying to drag the sled. And it wasn't fun dealing with all the dressing up, down, inside out and washing/drying of clothes. But, I wouldn't trade it for the world. This chaos is my world and I love every bit of it. Even all the snowsuits, hats, gloves, boots and jackets.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mommy to three wonderful children. I love to be with them and watch them learn and grow. I am also a loving wife to the fantastically patient Aaron.

player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers