Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Sick again


McKenna being one of the guys...

Look familiar??? Yes, that is Caleb with his puke bucket. Poor little guy.

As you can see, Caleb is sick again. My morning started at 2:30 am. Trevor came into the bedroom telling me that he was soaked. Sure enough, he had his first accident in over a year. I got up, bleary eyed, and stripped his sheets so as not to have a urine soaked mattress in the morning. At approximately 4:00am, Caleb comes to the bedroom. I hear his tiny voice tell me that he was wet. Although this time, I smelled a stench coming from his direction. I flipped on the lights to find him covered head-to-toe in what was not pee. Let's just leave it at that. Of course, I get up, dreary eyed. I go into his room and strip his sheets and start the washer load. I go get bleach wipes and clean his bed. I leave his sheets off too and let him in bed with us. At approximately 5:15am, I hear the cutest little talking coming from McKenna's room. She has her own language that she uses when she talks to her bedtime bears. Blah, blah, blah...so I make my way to her room, tired, but knowing what I am up against. I am prepared as can smell the stench from the hallway (her door is closed, mind you). She was kind enough to keep it in her diaper. I change her diaper and drag myself back to the bed. At about 6:00, McKenna is up again. I head into her room, change her newly soiled diaper and head off for my longest stretch of sleep yet. 6:25, Trevor decides he is up for the day. Already asking a million questions, Trevor is in rare form. I appease him by turning on the TV. Finally, at 7:00, after much convincing from the boys, I drag myself out of bed for the day...and Aaron says he needs a nap today...

2 comments:

downs mama said...

No comment on the nap thing...

I am so sorry they are sick again! yuck!!!

Heather D said...

I wasn't being mean about the nap thing. I honestly laughed about it. Men will never understand the thoroughness of a mother's job. It is the idea that we sleep with one eye and one ear open. they tune it out and get a full night's rest, for the most part. I honestly thought it was funny when he told me he was tired. he works a ton. So, I am not insinuating that he doesn't need a nap too. I just don't think he quite understood what my night was like. he was too busy sawing logs...hehe

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mommy to three wonderful children. I love to be with them and watch them learn and grow. I am also a loving wife to the fantastically patient Aaron.

player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Followers

Blog Archive